Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jordy's Mission Call

My dear friend Jordy has been making me go crazy for a while here! She is such an amazing person, and her life is always full of amazing things. I envy how she does so many things, and does them all so well. Her and I have been tied to the hip since Mrs. Belliston's foods class my Junior year in high school, and I constantly learn so much from her. Our lives have gone different directions at times, but we have still always been the best of friends. 

Anyway, she told me a little bit ago that she had decided to serve a mission. I will never forget that conversation. We were eating Chic-fil-a chicken nuggets in her house, and i was telling her about one of my many weaknesses, and as the conversation continued she told me about an amazing experience she had, and how she has decided to serve a mission. I think i peed a little. I immediately started panicking how i'd survive not being able to call, talk, or see her whenever i wanted. But then i thought, 'of course she is going on a mission! She is ALWAYS doing amazing things, and this is just another one.' 

As many people know i started getting a little anxiety as it got closer and closer to her receiving her call. The day her call came, i think i was going to explode. I was having all sorts of weird dreams and just wanted to know where she was going!! Anyway, Brad got done with all of his finals with flying colors Wednesday night, and we immediately headed over to the Whitt house to find out where in the world she was going. 

Brad felt like he needed to hold on to the big white envelope for a while. I couldn't touch it or else i would have just opened it myself. 
 Opening the envelope....
 Jordy has been called to serve in the Omaha Nebraska Mission, serving at the Winter Quarters site on the Mormon Trail. 
How cool is that? 
I couldn't believe it...and i am just so excited for her!
 I look ridiculous in this picture...but I love both of these girls to death.
This was such an exciting night! I am so grateful that Jordy is joining the ranks. She will bless the lives of so many people!

1 comment:

  1. Linds words can't express how much I love you!! Reading this at work was the not the best idea as I sit here and bawl my eyes out. I wonder the same thing what we are going to do without each other for 18 months, but don't you fret we will make it through!! You are the greatest friend a girl could ask for. I love your face!!

    JORD

    ReplyDelete