Friday, April 6, 2012

General Young Womens Broadcast

Back in January, i was called to be a beehive advisor in our ward. I was super sad to be released from teaching sunday school with Brad, but my experience teaching this beehive class has been so fun so far! My mother is the Young Womens President in our ward, so we get the unique opportunity or serving together (kind of) for a while. Serving with her makes me realize more and more how incredible she is. It's amazing to go to church every week, and have at least 5 people tell you how amazing your mother is. Hopefully one day, i can be like her.

So, the young women in our stake had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of singing in the choir for the Young Womens Broadcast. They have been practicing for months, and have had an incredible experience doing so. A member from the young women general board go to each practice, and they had an incredible  fireside each time. During the practice, they really forced the girls to be spiritually prepared for this experience, and pray for the things they would like to see happen. The girls truly understood that the purpose was not to sing in the choir, but testifying to the world about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

My mom and I rode up to the conference center on Saturday. Along with the Parson's. The meeting was incredible. The music was incredible. And i think my mom and I cried through the whole thing. It was fun to be there surrounded by all the mother's, grandmothers, and leaders in our ward. As well as thousands and thousands and thousands other young women and their mothers.  


My favorite talk was THIS one 

And if you all haven't seen THIS video, you need to now. I still can't watch it without crying. Pretty much all of the girls they show in the choir at the end are in my ward. 

After the broadcast, we went to meet up with all the girls. They were all on a spiritual high. It's funny what the spirit can do to you. :)

Here is the sweet Harris family of girls
Kailey and Brooke
This is my one of my favorites of the Beehives, Kate. She is 12 years old, and is more mature than i am. I love her to pieces.
Me and mi mama. Isn't she lovely?
The most incredible part of this experience was this: The next day at church, was fast and testimony meeting. I'm not kidding, ALL of the testimonies born during this meeting were youth. NO moms and dads! (besides the Young Mens president at the very end). I have never seen that before. At first it was all the young women getting up and sharing their experience in the choir, but then all the young men got up and started bearing powerful testimonies too. It was so cool. We have an incredible ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment