Friday, January 20, 2012

Cabin with the Curtis Family

This weekend was the moment we had all been waiting for! Kenny's family has a cabin up at the Timberlakes, and they were so sweet to let us go up there for a few days before Christmas! We got there the Thursday before Christmas, and came home on Christmas Eve.    

Right when we got there Thursday...everyone immediately bundled up, and made the snowboard and skiing path. The boys had to move the big log that was in the way. We were ready to play!

And my charming husband immediately started eating all the snow...
It took me a little longer to get outside with everyone, because i was determined i was not getting cold and spent like an hour layering, layering, and layering some more! With the help of Marty, this is my new outside attire for the winter season. Boy, was i warm.
The little boys had fun playing in the snow! They looked so cute all bundled up!

Kenny would pull everyone up the hill on the snowmobile, and everyone would just ride down on their board and ski's. Here is Jeff going up on his board...
Heather doing the splits :)

The next day, we woke up and had a wonderful breakfast (thanks to Heather Ann), and went right out to play.
Brad off the little jump...
Chris' board touch off the jump, that he was SOOOO proud of! :)
Jeff, havin a party like always!
Grandma Keri helping Korver as he sled down the hill! He is always a happy boy with his Grandma Keri by his side :)
My favorite landing of all...Kenny's head right in the snow! So classic.


The time finally came for me to learn how to Ski for the first time. I was pretty excited, but i knew i would be no good at it. Marty, Heather, and Brad all combined forces to teach me and most importantly, not let me die. 

Step 1: Brad and Marty took me to the frozen lake (flat ground) and i held onto the rope behind the snowmobile as he pulled me to learn how to steer and stop. I liked this part! 
I was really proud of myself after Step 1 :) 
Me and my best ski instructor, Bradley.
Step 2: Ski down the mountain, back to the cabin. Using my poles and no one to help me. Yikes. I did pretty good though. It was a nice wide road with gave me lots of room to actually not have to steer very much :)

  Step 3: Go down the skinny little hill that everyone else was going down in the back yard of the cabin. Not a success. I fell, and couldn't get up. Everyone just laughed and took pictures of me. :) It still was fun though! 

 That night we went on a fun snowmobile ride with the adults! Brad and I both realized that snowmobiling is a little more difficult than we had anticipated, but we had a great time. Kenny was being crazy on his snowmobile, so we all just watched him and enjoyed ourselves.

 Once it got dark, and game night began, the Curtis family gets to be a little crazy. Especially Brad. Everyone was hanging out while Chris and Heather were putting the boys to bed, so we could play games, and my husband comes out in his famous pink onesies doing his little dance. I had no idea Heather Marie packed these for him, and I was gonna strangle him. He knows how bad i despise those things. Oh wait... it looks like i did strangle him. :) 
All of us around the table playing games! We would stay up til midnight doing this both nights. Everyone knew when i finally hit my limit, cause i started to get pretty mean. It was a crazy party though. We all had way way way too much caffeine in us. I think Holly and I completed the entire pack of Diet Coke with Lime. But wow was it good!
I think when Brad is done with finals, and out of school...his brain completely shuts off. This picture is evidence. He was so weird and crazy that night! I loved seeing him have fun and relax and not have any stress in his life. We try to enjoy every second we have with times like these.

The next morning was Christmas Eve, and we ate breakfast and got all packed up to go. We loved being up in the mountains away from everything but family, and with no phone service. It was just what we needed! We are forever grateful for Kenny and his family letting us go up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment