Friday, January 27, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas day was a full day of lots of family! It was a little bit longer than we had expected, but it was so great to see most of both of our families! Holli woke us up Christmas morning, and we went and met everyone downstairs. At the Curtis house, it is a tradition to sing a Christmas song as you walk up the stairs to  see the Christmas tree. So we sang 'Up on the Housetop' as we all marched up the stairs. We couldn't believe how many presents were under that tree. We all opened up our stockings, first. I think the stockings were my favorite part. Keri sure knows how to do stockings right. It was like an endless bag of GOOD stuff! That stocking could have been my Christmas alone, and i would have been a happy girl. 

Opening our stocking!
After we got through our stockings, we opened up our sibling gifts. Chris and Heather got us a scanner/printer/copier. Oh my goodness, we were so excited. No more late runs to my mom's house to have to print something off :)
The boys were pretty excited about their Stater Bro's shirts that Holli made all of them. They claimed themselves the 'Stater Bros' when they went on the family vacation this last summer to Oceanside. Their sign is the 'I love you' sign, but the pointer finger is only half way up, to signify just a 'little bit of love'. They are crazy, and were soo excited about these shirts.
Marty and Keri did wayy too much for us this year! We got lots of clothes, which were much needed. And they also helped us with our gym pass! We seriously couldn't thank them enough. We loved everything we got!
Marty's gift to Keri (and himself), were new running shoes for the both of them! It was fun to see Marty pretty ecstatic about them! 

As soon as we finished opening presents, we all had to hurry to get ready to make it to church on time. Church was at 11, and it was only an hour long Sacrament Meeting. It was fun to be in church with the whole family and take up an entire row!

After church we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Curtis'. We love them! Grandma Curtis graduated from American Fork High School as well, so her and I had a nice little chant singing the 'Dear old AF High' fight song together! It was pretty funny. She was telling us all sorts of stories, when her and Grandpa would go dancing everyday at BYU, and do the Jitterbug. All of her stories are priceless. It was good to see some more Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins at their house too! 
We also went to Grandma and Grandpa Record's house. Kenny and Heather, and Brad and I were the only ones there when we got there. It was so good to talk to them too. They are sweet, sweet people. 

After we made our Grandparents in Salt Lake, we got all of our stuff and headed down to Provo, to see my Grandma Cook. My parents were there too, so it was fun to go eat lunch and visit with them. We stayed at Grandma Cook's for a while, and eventually all of my cousins and Aunts and Uncles were there too. It's always a big crowd in that house when everyone goes over there. Brad and I hadn't seen a lot of people since our wedding though, so it was fun to talk to everyone!

After Grandma Cooks, we finally went over to my parents house and did Christmas with them! They did wayy too much for us as well. They gave us some clothes, and money. Just what we needed :) They gave us lots of yummy treats too! It was fun to see what they got for Christmas too. 

Finally, by 10:30 at night, we made it home to do Christmas with just Brad and I. We were so tired, but i knew Brad had multiple secrets hiding from me, so i couldn't wait to see what it was! 
Here we are in front of our first Christmas tree, Bruce. (Brad named him) He is a real tree, and is kind of sad looking. We didn't really have many ornaments or anything to put on it, so bows had to do for this year. We didn't really take care of him, and he was pretty dead when this picture was taken. Better luck next time, right?
We traded off opening presents. Brad got me a nice big pack of Diet Coke. YES!

We got Brad a couple of shirts, that he already knew about..but pretended to be surprised about them. :)
Brad got me a cute purse! It was soooo badly needed! I'm so proud he picked it out by himself. I love it!
I got him some new shoes that he was surprised about. Thank goodness he liked them!
Brad also got me some earrings, and i got him some new headphones. (Because i lost his nice ones)
But my favorite present was this necklace that Brad got me. I had seen it a while ago, but didn't buy it, cause it was sort of expensive. But Brad figured out where and which necklace it was (thanks to Angela), and surprised me with it. I love it!

Christmas really was so fun, and we are so grateful for both of our families! We couldn't believe everything they did for us. We felt very grateful all day for the most important things in life....Jesus Christ, each other, and our families! 

No comments:

Post a Comment